Calendars & Schedules
Athletics & Activities
Policies & Procedures
Participants must complete the following before practice or tryouts begin:
Have a completed physical. This can be emailed to the office (email@example.com), dropped off in the office (office hours are 7:15 - 3:30 M-F), or brought on or before the first day of tryouts. No player will be allowed to try out without a completed KSHSAA physical packet on file.
All athletes must have a physical on file in the MS office before they can attend practice (no exceptions).
General Bowling Information for the 2024 Season
The school is finalizing details for the third season of SHMS Bowling. We will host a parent meeting on Monday, December 18th at 5:30 PM in the middle school commons. If your child will participate, this meeting is mandatory. If your child plans to bowl, but you can’t make it please contact Coach Swift before January 5th.
· Bowlers will practice at Gage Bowl beginning Friday, January 5th.
· The school will provide one bus to and from Gage Bowl each day.
· Gage Bowl assigns each school a limited number of practice lanes. Thus, students will practice every other day.
Bowling Meet Information
· Varsity will consist of one girl’s division and one boy’s division.
o Each school can send 6 bowlers per division (6 boys and 6 girls)
o Each school will be assigned 2 lanes.
· For JV meets, bowlers are assigned 4 to a lane.
o The school will take as many JV bowlers as the bowling center can accommodate.
· The top ten finishers at each meet will medal.
· Each Monday, Coach Swift will notify bowlers if they will compete at Varsity or JV and if they will attend the week’s bowling meet. JV bowlers will rotate the weeks they compete.
· Bowlers must meet academic eligibility requirements to practice and compete. (See SHMS handbook.)
· Your bowler must have a current physical on file in the office.
Fundraising and Fees
2024 is Year 3 for the SHMS bowling team. By district policy, newer teams are parent-funded for the first three years. Parents and sponsors fund the coaches’ stipends, bowling center fees, competition fees, transportation fees, and bowling shirts.
The fundraisers that will be organized before the start of the season help to reduce the flat fee that all bowling families must contribute to participate in the season.
Estimated Fees for 2024
· $100 per bowler.
· $45 sports fee
Fees must be paid by Thursday, January 4th. You may pay them via check or cash at the bowling meeting, by sending a check to school with your student, via RevTrak, or by calling 785-379-5830 and paying over the phone.